Select Page

Florida vs. Casey Anthony

by | May 21, 2011 | Real Life(time) | 0 comments

I’m sure many of you have heard about the Casey Anthony trial where a young mother, Casey Anthony, is being accused of killing her young daughter, Caylee. The whole story has been going on since 2009 and jury selection just began this month.  To sum it up for you, Caylee Anthony went missing and it was not immediately reported to authorities by Casey and then Caylee’s body was discovered a few months later.  Just a sad story all around.

I’m pretty confident that Lifetime movie writers already have a script that is 90% complete for this one and the other 10% will be what happens during this trial. If Lifetime does end up making this into a movie, then they’d better not exclude the part where a woman has an outburst in the courtroom.  If they want to change that and make it a man having an outburst, that’s fine with me, as long as they cast me as that man.

This story doesn’t have me as fascinated as The Craigslist Killer or the Amanda Knox murder, but I’ll be keeping an eye on it.

I’d have to give the probability of this being made into a TV movie about a 4/5 on the “Waste My Lifetime Probability of this Being Made into a TV Movie Scale” which I just now made up, but think I’ll incorporate for future Real Life(time) movies.  As for potential titles, I’m going with “Florida vs. Casey Anthony” but I wouldn’t be surprised with something like, “Justice for Young Caylee.”

For more official trial coverage, visit http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/ and Wikipedia of course http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caylee_Anthony_homicide